What is brain cancer?
Brain tumors are abnormal growths of cells in the brain and although growths are popularly called brain tumors, not all of brain tumors are cancer.
Brain Cancer Symptoms
Symptoms may vary based on tumor location, general symptoms caused by brain tumors include:
- Headaches and seizures
- Problems with vision
Brain Cancer Causes
Possible risk factors that could lead to developing brain cancer include:
- Age – higher risks for developing a brain tumor grows with age
- Genetic conditions – family history of genetic syndromes and tumors of the nervous system
- Radiation – exposure to radioactivity in the environment or through in the past
- Previous cancers – breast cancer or nasopharyngeal cancer increase the risk of developing brain tumors
- Weakened immunity – people with HIV/AIDS have a higher risk of brain cancer