What is bladder cancer?
Bladder cancer begins when cells that make up the urinary bladder begin to grow out of control. When more cancer cells begin to develop they form a tumor and with time begin to spread to different parts of the body.
Bladder Cancer Symptoms
It is important to note that some of these symptoms often occur because of something other than bladder cancer:
- Blood in urine (hematuria)
- Painful urination
- Pelvic pain
- Back pain
- Frequent urination
Bladder Cancer Causes
abnormal growth often develops bladder cancer where cells develop mutations rather than growing and dividing in an orderly way which causes them to grow out of control and live on, which then forms a tumor. Causes include:
- Smoking and other tobacco use
- Exposure to chemicals, especially working a job that requires exposure to chemicals
- Past radiation exposure
- Chronic irritation of the lining of the bladder
- Parasitic infections, especially in individuals who are from or have traveled to certain areas outside of the US